Frequently Asked Questions
about HearMax app
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch: You need to first pair the hearing aids with iOS. Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Hearing Devices and your mobile device will search for hearing aids. Open and close the battery doors on your hearing aids. Tap when they are shown in the display and then tap Pair (twice for two hearing aids) and your devices will be paired. Now open the app and follow the flow to Get started.
- Android device: Open the app and follow the flow to Get started. Do not pair the hearing aids to the device’s OS.
- Are the hearing aids paired to other smartphones in the room? If yes, please unpair/forget from other devices before proceeding with any pairing on a new device.
- (For professionals) Are the hearing aids connected to an Airlink/NOAHlink before starting the pairing? If yes, please disconnect before proceeding with any pairing on a new device.
- Are the hearing aids powered on before starting the pairing? If yes, wait to power on the hearing aids until after the pairing process has been started in the app.
- Are the hearing aids paired via the phone’s Bluetooth menu already? If yes, forget the hearing aid pairing from the device, restart the hearing aids, and pair from the app menu instead.
- Is the app reporting ‘Try again’ in the pairing or connect process? If yes, power off the hearing aids and try again. If it consistently won´t connect and the device is not whitelisted, the device is not compatible.
1) Go to Sound Enhancer and tap ‘Reset’ at the bottom of the screen. This will reset all adjustments except volume.
2) Marks on individual sliders for volume, Noise Reduction, Speech Focus, and Wind Noise Reduction indicate default settings. Set the sliders to those marks to reset. Treble/middle/bass are default at 0.
3) If you activated a Quick button on the Home screen, simply tap the button again to deactivate.
4) Open and close the battery doors of the hearing aids to restart them. This resets them to the fitted settings.
Beltone Remote Care
- Check that you have a network connection (Wifi or cellular).
- If you have a network connection and Beltone Remote Care does not show, place your finger on the My Beltone menu, and swipe down on the screen. This will refresh the menu.
- GN Online Services may be temporarily unavailable. If you checked the above, please try again later.
It is also a good idea to turn off the Bluetooth on your mobile device and turn it on again. On most mobile devices, this can be done in a control panel by swiping up from the bottom of the screen (Apple) or down from the top of the screen (Android). Tap the Bluetooth icon to turn it off, wait a couple of seconds and then tap it again to turn it on.